Gladiolus Tattoo Meaning
Flower tattoos are kinda popular between people around the world. Gladiolus tattoo is one of the most appreciated, fantastic and floral tattoos. These tats differ by the meaning and place of tattoo location. Color and design have its own meaning to each personality and individual.
Meaning of gladiolus tattoo for women.
One of the meanings of gladiolus tat is a grace and style. That is why ladies are often getting ink of gladiolus design. By wearing such magnificent flower they express tenderness, love, grace, elegance and family which are essential details of the females.
Meaning of gladiolus tattoo for men.
Tattoo of gladiolus design is associated with a gladiator, which is a symbol of strength and self-confidence. It is another and opposite meaning of gladiolus tattoo. A wearer of gladiolus can bend every effort to person close to his heart. Such tat also expresses calmness coupled with self-confidence. In ancient times, warriors were wearing gladiolus art on their bodies and believed in its magnificent power to protect them from wounds. So, gladiolus tattoo can serve as a protective talisman.
Gladiolus tattoo for sharp-tongued persons.
Besides two above-mentioned meanings, we can see an etymology of the flower name derived from Latin. The Latinian word means «sword». Such connotation is connected with the likeness of the sword and flower’s leaves. Gladiolus tattoo has also a figurative sense of the sword that the wearer has a sharp tongue and use small details to make fun of somebody. Only wise men speak with sharp tongues.
Gladiolus tattoo as a mark of birth date.
If you were born in August and want some significant mark on your body, you could go for a gladiolus tattoo. It can be carried together with your Zodiac sign or birth date. Gladiolus tattoo can serve as a birth date of your child or husband. The variety of colors of this magnificent flower gives you a great choice. They are red and pink, yellow and orange, violet and white, but you can choose any you wish and imagine in your dreams.
Composed tattoo with gladiolus flower.
You can also get a combination of gladiolus flower with wolf head or lion animal which stand for independence and fidelity. Besides combination with fierce animals, gladiolus tats work well coupled with butterflies, ladybugs and birds. The last ones are often chosen by ladies dues to its pretty and cool designs.
Best places for gladiolus tattoo location.
The location of an attractive gladiolus design can be at any part of your body: shoulder, sleeve, foot, back, thigh and etc. But they look the best on sleeves and shoulders because there is enough space, which offers a possibility to expand the whole beauty of this splendid flower and its leaves.
Choose your ideal kind of gladiolus tattoo and we make your dream come true a.s.a.p.!
Top Gladiolus Tattoo Designs on Shoulder
- Gladiolus tattoo on the shoulder! Look great in black and white color. It expresses moral integrity and honorable character of the wearer.
- A bright floral design of shoulder tattoo. Pink is an admirable color of the ladies, so this gladiolus tat expresses tenderness, love, grace, and family which are essential details of the females.
- Beautiful shoulder idea with the variety of flowers! The colorful combination of poppy seed, gladiolus and lily look pretty on feminine body. Gladiolus stands for elegance, style, lily for goodness and right beginnings; and poppy seed for energy and life. Such tat has a deep sense of three flowers features.
- A pretty idea of three flowers in the design of a gladiolus on the shoulder. Black and white tat can mean strength and self-confidence of the wearer. Whereas girls are the weaker sex they are always ready to protect their family, kids, love, and home with great power and passion.
- Cute shoulder tat of gladiolus! Pink flower is a beautiful symbol of feminine love, dedication, and strength of a character. Good choice for a young lady to express her wish to have a family and kids!
- Beautiful color contrast! Gladiolus shoulder tattoo signifies the strength of character and devotion to the family. You can get this amazing piece of art at any part of the body. But the location of this tat is chosen well. There is enough space on the shoulder to ink opened petals of the gladiolus.
- Beautiful design of the gladiolus tattoo combined with chickadees on the shoulder. Purple and pink colors are coupled so artistically. Gladiolus flowers are symbols of honor, faithfulness and strength, but chickadee bird signifies richness, power, and success.
- Stunning idea of watercolor gladiolus ink located on the shoulder! Purple flowers together with blue waves create a beautiful protective talisman. This ink means that wearer is ready to protect his family and persons close to his heart very strongly.
- Nice design! Black and white gladiolus flowers reflect a sharp tongue of the wearer. The figurative sense of this tat means that a wearer of such tat notices small details and goof on someone very tricky. It looks attractive on the shoulder.
- Very pretty design of gladiolus tattoo! These beautiful flowers reflect charming nature and enthusiasm of the wearer. The wearer always tries to succeed in whatever she is doing. This shoulder gladiolus tattoo speaks about a great strength and tenacity. If the wearer is a girl, so the tat can mean dedication and devotion towards a family.
- Beautiful composition of gladiolus flowers and lion animal which are inked on man’s shoulder. Three red gladiolus stand for three members of the family. They are inked behind the Lion because the wearer can do anything to defend them.
- Nice idea! The composition of the flower of gladiolus and the bird on the female shoulder. Such tat can be a bright accessory and a meaningful mark at the same time. A gladiolus expresses tenderness and calmness, but a bird is a sign of peace and life.
- Fine design of shoulder tat! Two flowers, gladiolus and lily, can stand for two children of the wearer. As a rule, women choose such tats very often, because women are very dedicated to their children and families.
- Amazing combination of gladiolu shoulder tattoos in black and white colors. There is a sensual quote: “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” It means that we are all tender beings that yearn to grow and take risks but it can be very scary indeed.
- Just beauty! Awesome red gladiolus are inked like alive on the shoulder. The wearer of gladiolus ink has a sense of beauty and style, for sure.
- Awesome shoulder tattoo! There is a floral bouquet of two gladiolus. This beautiful tat characterizes a wearer as a strong, self-confident and brave person.
- An amazing floral shoulder tat! Flowers indicate a period of the wearer’s children birth dates. Such tat is a nice symbol of mother’s tender love and devotion to her kids.
- Awesome shoulder ink! A combination of gladiolus and poppy seed stands for love and victory. The tat renders natural colors of the flowers and looks wonderful tattooed on the female skin.
- Lovely design of shoulder tat! Glorious gladiolus flowers in blossom in conjunction with butterflies look so beautiful and stylish on the feminine shoulder! Gladiolus flower signs moral integrity, loyalty, a strength of character and devotion to the family, but butterfly symbolizes rebirth and unending life!
- Floral colorful tat! The beauty of pink gladiolus renders tenderness, remembrance and love. The shoulder placement is chosen well!
- A lovable design of red gladiolus. The flower is inked on the shoulder and is accompanied with beautiful waves to express a full majesty of gladiolus flower.
- Very nice three gladiolus in blossom! The tat looks magnetic! This bright floral tattoo on the shoulder can mean that the wearer is ready to sacrifice oneself for a higher purpose.
- A beautiful masterpiece of the flowers on the shoulder. Three flowers, gladiolus, honeysuckle and rose stand for the month of birth of woman’s daughter and son. It is a cool way to express your devotion to the family and kids!
- One more attractive design of the shoulder tattoo with purple gladiolus flowers. This flower is associated with calmness, self-esteem, and inner worth, so such tat reflect the same features of the wearer.
- Absolutely dope! Floral tattoo design in combination with cross creates a meaningful symbol, which stands for faithfulness, power, and moral integrity. There is a quote tatted under the ink: «God gives his hardest battles to his toughest soldiers»! It also adds a deep sense to this shoulder tat and means that the wearer is a big fighter of the life!
- Cool and beautiful tattoo! The flowers are tatted in blossom and look very bright on the shoulder! It can represent strength in your character.
- Very original tattoo! There is a gladiolus in combination with the mandala. Flowers can stand for family births and is a beautiful accessory to a woman’s body!
- Absolutely dope color ink on the shoulder! The gladiolus is the birth flower for August, so it can mean that the bearer was born in August. Blue color on the background helps to add much more attractiveness of the orange gladiolus due to their contrast.
- Sick floral shoulder tattoo design of gladiolus in blossom. There is another name of gladiolus flower – sword lily. It is connected with the fact that gladiolus leaves are an alike sword. This effect renders a wearer’s sharp tongue and a sense of laugh. It can also stand for generosity, love and strength of character.
- Lovely placement! A purple blossom of gladiolus makes a shoulder tattoo more impressive!In spite of the tat’s purple color, it can be worn by men due to one of its meaning! In ancient times, the gladiators have worn gladiolus flowers on their bodies and believed that they are very powerful talisman from death and wounds.
- A stunning idea of gladiolus tattoo drawn on the shoulder! A red flower in blossom in combination with bird’s opened wings stand for life, energy, strength and honorable character.
- Cool! Beautiful shoulder design of coupled gladiolus and lily flowers in black and white colors. Such tattoo is not simply a fashion icon but carries special meanings of love, devotion, and faithfulness. These tats can also serve as a remembrance of important days or people for somebody.
Cool Ideas of Gladiolus Tats for Your Sleeve
- Simply amazing! Colorful sleeve tattoo full of flowers: lily, banner, script, daisy, narcissus, rose and gladiolus! Every flower has its own meaning close to wearer’s heart because they are symbols of the family members and their birth dates.
- Lovely idea of gladiolus tattoo on the sleeve! It is drawn in black and gray! It expresses moral integrity and honorable character of the person.
- Very cool way to express your personal position- get a tattoo! A bright colorful design of gladiolus flower tattoo on the sleeve speaks about strength and self-confidence.
- Floral inking is always amazing and beautiful! But this gladiolus shoulder tat is inked in Х-ray style and looks piquant.
- Wonderful style of gladiolus tat on the sleeve! Pink color adds more sense of love, tenderness, elegance and all that is close to feminine. A little green shadowing around the gladiolus creates a beautiful aureole.
- Super bright idea fro your floral sleeve tattoo! There is a bouquet of the beautiful flowers: carnation, lotus, and gladiolus. Carnation stands for the purity of heart and the feeling of love, daisy means innocence and gladiolus is the strength of character and faithfulness.
- Just beauty! A floral purple flash of gladiolus tattoo located on the shoulder. Gladiolus flower is a great symbol of love, dedication, and strength of a character, and fidelity.
- Gorgeous! Feminine tat, full of bright flowers, looks so attractive on the sleeve! Of course, this floral composition has a deep sense. A Gladiolus renders devotion and dedication to the family, a sunflower stands for pure thoughts, a red rose is a love and romance, a daisy is an innocence, a chrysanthemum is for fidelity!
- Nice gladiolus tat on the girl`s sleeve! Gladiolus flowers are symbols of honor, faithfulness, and strength.
- A stunning design of gladiolus sleeve tattoo! Flowers are marks of kids` birth dates, and a hummingbird is a sign of a mother who always takes care of them. Such tat will be a good choice for mothers!
- Cool idea of birth flowers on the sleeve in black and white style! Chrysanthemums is a birth lower of November and gladiolus is a flower of August!
- Beautiful gladiolus flower blossom inked on the sleeve! Such flower tattoo design gives you the ability to be very creative! For example, In Japan and Chine gladiolus is a symbol of care and constancy! Nowadays this flower is associated with victory, strength, and self-confidence.
- A sublime beauty of gladiolus flowers on the sleeve tat! Gladiolus is one of the tenderest flowers in the world; its leaves have a great message to the world. The main meaning of gladiolus tat is elegance and prettiness. So, pink gladiolus tat is a cool idea for a young lady!
- A sick design of gladiolus sleeve ink! There is a woman’s son name under the gladiolus flower, which stands for devotion to the family! Cute choice of green shadowing of the flower!
- Absolutely amazing! The gladiolus plant is named so because the shape of the leaves resembles a sword. This plant can be a great option for someone interested in getting a flower inked on their body. Gladiolus sleeve tat is accompanied with a dragonfly. A Dragonfly is often chosen by girls to express the braveness in spite of their delicacy and tenderness. The last two features are drawn in the gladiolus. This tat is a sick composition of two opposite sides of a woman.
- A unique work of floral sleeve tattoo! The combination of an elephant and a gladiolus flower create a powerful talisman. An elephant is a symbol of wisdom and gladiolus stands for calmness, strength, and self-confidence.
- Black and white idea of gladiolus tattoo on the sleeve! Flower tattoos are a perfect way to express your individuality and personality. A gladiolus means that wearer is ready to protect his family and persons close to his heart very strongly, a rose has a sense of love, and narcissus is a sign of re-birth.
- Perfect botanical tattoo on the sleeve for feminine! Generally, gladiolus means strength of character. But, due to its unique beauty, it is considered as a symbol of elegance, style and sometimes a love at first sight.
- Nice idea of gladiolus sleeve tattoo! The word ‘gladiolus’ comes from the Latin word, which means sword. The gladiolus plant is named so because the shape of the leaves resembles a sword. The wearer positions herself as a safeguard of her family who is always ready to protect it with the whole strength.
- Awesome job of botanical sleeve tattoo! The tattoo dedication to the woman’s kids. A gladiolus is a birth flower of August, a rose is a flower of June. There are two red roses which can mean twins.
- Awesome colorful sleeve tattoo! There is a floral bouquet of three flowers. Narcissus, chrysanthemum, and gladiolus can stand for moths of birth of the woman’s kids! It is a beautiful mark of woman’s devotion towards her family!
- One more creative idea of floral sleeve tat! There are snowdrop, gladiolus, larkspur and sweet pea which are marks of birth dates, and a wearer associates herself as a hummingbird, which is taking care of the family. That is why the bird-mother is drawn above the flowers.
- Good job of the artist! Black and white gladiolus flowers on the sleeve reflect a sharp tongue of the wearer. The figurative sense of this tat means that a wearer can laugh at his cronies very tricky and often offend them by his jokes.
- Pretty sleeve design of gladiolus tattoo! This beautiful flower reflects charming nature and enthusiasm of the wearer. It also speaks about a great strength and tenacity.
- Very beautiful idea of a floral bouquet on the sleeve. Every flower can mean an exact person to the wearer and describes his/her relations with them.
- A colorful tat on the sleeve! The combination of gladiolus and daffodils makes a symbol of force, faithfulness, and chivalry. It can serve as a meaningful amulet to man!
- A beautiful masterpiece of the flowers on the sleeve. Three flowers, gladiolus, honeysuckle and rose stand for the month of birth of woman’s kids. It is a great idea for moms to express your devotion to the family and kids!
- Sick beauty! There are Yin and Yang marks in the middle of the flower which adds more sense to such cool sleeve tat! In the Chinese culture, the Yang and Yin are opposite in nature but they believe that they attract each other, like Man and Woman.
- Placement is nice on this one! Flowers of gladioli represent sincerity and strength of character!
- An amazing floral sleeve tat! Pink gladiolus coupled with the bird reflects strength and self –confidence of the wearer’s character.
- Very fabulous and bright tattoo drawn on the sleeve. The color of each gladiolus can have its own individual sense to the wearer. Gladiolus stands for strength of character and butterfly personifies a friend or a person close to the wearer’s heart.
Black and White Masterpieces of Gladiolus Tattoo
- Eye-catching tattoo of gladioli flower! It is inked in black and white on the girl’s body side. The gladioli tattoo looks sexual and means tenderness, love and honor.
- Very cool design of gladiolus tattoo on the forearm. A botanical tattoo is always amazing, some to its colors, some to its meaning. But this black and white tat is just a masterpiece of X-ray style. The flower is a symbol of the strength of character, inviolacy, and self-confidence.
- One cooler sample of X-ray style tattoos. Two gladiolus flowers are inked on the forearm in black and white. They can be signs of your two kids to whom you are devoted so much.
- A magnificent floral idea for a girl! Gladiolus blossom is tatted on the rib and has a symbolic meaning of splendid love, strength, and preparedness.
- Pretty gladiolus tat! An attractive flower is drawn under the girl’s breast. Due to the exceptional beauty of the flower, such tat stands for elegance, style, and prettiness. But at the same time, it is a mark of powerful character. So, this tat demonstrates two sides of he woman.
- Black and white floral tattoo of gladiolus on the upper sleeve. The placement is chosen well by the artist to show full blossom of the gladiolus flower. Gladiolus means «sword» in Latin due to its likeness with the sword. It can mean that the wearer has a peppered tongue.
- Sick idea! The floral bouquet is located on the sleeve and consists of daffodils, lily, and gladiolus, either of which has its own sense. A daffodil is connected with chivalry, lily-with youthful innocence, and gladiolus stands for power and beauty.
- Very pretty feminine tat on the rib. Black and white flowers look seductive on the girl’s body, but the meaning is opposite. A gladiolus symbolizes femininity, compassion motherly love, innocence, and purity, a carnation stands for fascination and distinction, and an aster means patience. A floral tattoo is combined with a butterfly which renders life and lightness of being. For sure, every woman wants to have all these features.
- Gladiolus tattoo on the forearm! Looks great in black and white color. It expresses moral integrity and honorable character of the wearer.
- A dope idea of the black and white design of the gladiolus flowers on the shoulder. Whereas girls are the weaker sex they are always aspiring to protect their family, kids, love, and home with great power and passion.
- Wow! Just a great job of the artist! A couple of gladiolus and lily look so amazing on the shoulder. These two flowers can be symbols of birthdates of loved ones or kids.
- Nice design of gladiolus foot tat! There is a quote inked on the foot «The world meets nobody halfway». It means that the wearer is a very strong person and tries to succeed in everything she or he is doing.
- Cool idea of birth flowers on the sleeve in black and white style! Chrysanthemums fidelity and gladiolus has a sense of strong character, but they also can be signs of birthdays in November and August accordingly.
- Nice sample of black and white gladiolus ink on the sleeve! It can serve as a remembrance of important days which took place in August or people who were born in the same month.
- Splendid job! Black and white tattoo with gladiolus flowers is tatted in the sleeve. One of the several meanings of gladiolus is secrecy. So, it means that the wearer of such tat can keep a secret and you can trust her.
- Awesome composition of gladiola and fox on the foot. It looks sick on the leg in black and white style. A gladiola is a charm, grace, and mysteriousness, and a fox is a sharp mind and even sexuality. So, this tat suits to girls who want to express their beauty and sexiness.
- Lovely placement on the rib! The gladiolus flower symbolizes honor and remembrance, but it has other meanings too. It can also symbolize the followings: the strength of character, faithfulness, sincerity and integrity, infatuation, never giving up. All these characteristics of gladiolus create a splendid symbol for ladies.
- Simply dope design! White and black gladiolus floral tattoo is drawn on the foot. Its symbolic meaning is cheerfulness and compassion. But such tat can also suit for a warrior of the life due to its ancient history. Gladiators have worn gladiola tats and supposed these flowers help to get a victory and safe from wounds.
- Very original tattoo! There is a gladiola blossom drawn in black and white colors. A floral bouquet is a beautiful accessory to a woman’s shoulder! But at the same time, it means that a woman is a strong fighter and is ready to defend all is close to her heart.
- Awesome gladiolas on the thigh! Black and white floral tattoo stands for faithfulness, power, and moral integrity. Love it!
- Dope! Black and white petals are inked very artificially on the back. They look like flying ones and create an impression of smokiness. Gladiola back tattoo signifies the strength of character and devotion to the family.