Chrysanthemum is one of the most mystical florets, its season is autumn with highly visible yellow tints of autumn gardens and parks. Chrysanthemum, not for nothing is recognized queen of autumn colors, as from the Greek language, the blossom is interpreted “Golden Floret”. This floret rightfully occupies a leading position in the art of tattooing due to its loveliness and enchantment.
The History of Chrysanthemum Symbol
The ornament of chrysanthemum began to be far-famed on the body in antiquity. The soldiers and smiths applied this tattoo on the shoulder blade or shoulder, which personified the bravery and fidelity of warriors or skills and the pursuit of excellence of blacksmiths. Today, this floret symbolizes courage, longevity and determination.
The chrysanthemums were considered sacred plants in ancient Japan, only representatives of the imperial family were allowed to wear clothing and jewelry with their images. However, nowadays, chrysanthemum is the emblem and unofficial sign of Japan.
In China, the chrysanthemum is the Taoist symbol of self-perfection, autumn tranquility, and abundance.
In Vietnam, it is added to the sign of cleanliness of soul and mind, the spirit of enlightenment and interconnection with the environment.
In European lands, the chrysanthemums are mourning blossoms that decorate the graves and cemeteries, more often a wreath is made of white florets. In Italy, this flower is also a symbol of sadness and unrequited love or broken relationships.
Chrysanthemum Tattoo Meaning
The chrysanthemum blossom possesses a plenty of various meanings and connotations, among which the most well-known are:
- positive outlook on life;
- cold mightiness;
The Places of Chrysanthemum Tattooing
Without any doubts, the floret patterns are more appropriate for frail and affectionate girls. Nonetheless, the males may also select the image of the dragon, lion and include a plant motif to it, namely a chrysanthemum blossom, which will signify courage and bravery.
The floret can be personified both in the exotic and conventional form. It possesses lots of petals of sundry dyes in the tattoo. The centric part of the floret is very flamboyant too.
The tattoos of chrysanthemums have a diversity of shapes and hues so that they can complement virtually any design. Occasionally the blossom is depicted with a closed bud and periodically in full bloom but anytime the pattern looks very engaging, as each tattoo is pretty and exclusive in its own way.
It is significant to bear in mind that chrysanthemum is a rather a massive flower while choosing an area for a tattoo, so it needs a lot of space on the skin to express all its uniqueness. Thence, it is better to ink a tattoo on the back, shoulders or legs, where there is enough space.
In addition, depending on which part of the body chrysanthemum was done, a person’s occupations can be determined. For example, philosophers and poets perform the floret on the wrist, women choose an image of blossoming bud on the back.
Half Sleeve Chrysanthemum Tattoos
Chrysanthemum is not only a royal flower and symbol of prosperity and happiness but also as a plant that has a lingering blossoming despite the autumn cold, it aims to provide its owner a long life. It is considered that the tattoo with this floret on the sleeve brings a dignified old age, good luck; it denotes the perseverance and determination to achieve any purpose, without loss of dignity.
- There is a nice composition on the upper arm, which shows butterflies and some chrysanthemum buds. In China, two soaring butterflies denote love, in this case, love between a parent and his small child. The tattoo is done in dark color with black smoke that adds mystique to it.
- The interesting tattoo of chrysanthemum florets and a long black snake is located on the woman’s sleeve. It is considered that this creature possesses supernatural powers and can protect from troubles, misfortune and diseases. Thus, this pattern can be a good amulet and bring wellbeing to its owner.
- This colorful image of two blossoms: yellow chrysanthemum and pink peony look great on the upper hand. The flowers are merged with each other by smooth transition and amusing patterns. Both chrysanthemum and peony are positive florets, so this tattoo signifies youth, wealth and success.
- These two large chrysanthemum buds are performed in an astonishing design on the sleeve. The tattooist takes only one hue while applying this image, however, the outline is very distinct because of the using of various shades of black.
- The real piece of incredible nature is depicted on the sleeve. It consists of two blossoms: a red peony and blue chrysanthemum with green leaves in the black background. The whole tattoo is very bright and impressive.
- This image of red chrysanthemum florets covers the girl’s upper arm. Two gorgeous blossoms may indicate the family relationships, where the biggest bud is a mother and the smaller one is a baby. It means that the person appreciates and loves close people.
- The flower composition often looks nobly on the skin, especially if it comprises two majestic florets: peony and chrysanthemum. This tattoo is performed on the half sleeve in one-color but the work is so finely and delicately made that it fascinates.
- The image of a bird is always associated with the air element and symbolizes freedom and lightness. So, this beautiful birdie that is soaring under two adorable purple chrysanthemum buds denotes the vitality, impetuosity and the desire for more.
- This tattoo represents the enormous open chrysanthemum floret on the upper arm. The size of the flower and its turquoise dye are surprising. The bud is complemented by huge green leaves. This splendid image suits young, active and ambitious girls.
- So lovely and attractive chrysanthemum floret is executed on the half sleeve. An open bud embraces a plenty of blue petals and a long stem is depicted with green leaves. This pattern will have a beneficial and a beauteous view on the tanned body.
- It is a well-known fact that women love flowers and such a fascinating chrysanthemum floret would like to have all amateurs of the tattoo. It includes a big bud with many green leaves. The outer side of the petals is pink while the internal – yellow, this contrast has an effective look.
- The picture of unbelievable beauty is performed on the sleeve. The maroon chrysanthemum of a killing size has a divine view on the skin. The greatness of the chrysanthemum catches the eye in comparison with other flowers that are applied below.
- The union of admirable flowers finds its place on the woman’s upper arm. The purple and yellow chrysanthemum together with red peony complements each other and looks like a real picture of natural florets. The use of so bright tints makes the image playful and sunny.
- This tattoo presents a rather complicated pattern of the yellow chrysanthemum floret. The picture begins on the chest and covers the half sleeve. The ornament contains varied patterns and details that have different size, color and locations with the central element – yellow chrysanthemum bud.
- There is an association between the beauty of woman’s body and a blossom, thus, this incredible blue chrysanthemum bud not only emphasizes figure but also bears a concrete message: the inscription “Bella” that is translated “Beautiful” from the Italian language is repeated twice and symbolizes the goodliness of its owner.
- Picturesque chrysanthemums of blue and pink paint make a composition in this tattoo. It is located on the half sleeve in the background of green leaves and dark patterns. This tattoo is suitable for confident and calm people, it brings courage and fearlessness.
- In many cultures, the butterfly is the symbol of home family happiness and a comfort, as this charming tattoo on the upper arm. It depicts a red chrysanthemum floret with three gray butterflies that signify family ties. The big insects embody parents and the smallest one – their kid.
- This image of an amazing pink chrysanthemum with green leaves is placed on the half sleeve. The tattoo comprises a union of sundry patterns and ornaments that are rich in bright colors: red, yellow, pink, blue and turquoise.
- The unusual pattern of chrysanthemum flower is done on the half sleeve. The upper part of the picture illustrates colorless floret while the other half is executed in purple tint with blue leaves. This part is decorated with tiny blossoms of pink and crimson dyes.
- Both flowers and ladybugs are beloved components of various women’s tattoos, as this insect is very gentle and peaceful creature. It is a universally recognized symbol of good luck. Thus, this pattern of a purple chrysanthemum bug with a ladybird expresses an astonishing ornament on the sleeve.
- The universal chrysanthemum florets are executed on the half sleeve. The bouquet includes some red chrysanthemums with green leaves and lily of the valley. The buds of these marvelous blossoms differ in size and shapes that give the image naturalness and pulchritude.
- This tattoo represents a large chrysanthemum blossom on the upper arm. This plant is placed in geometric figure resembling a rhombus, which is a sign of fertility in many countries. The pattern is applied in dark coloring and indicates sensuality and emotionality of its owner.
- The bouquet of enchanting flowers is inked on the sleeve. The pink peonies and turquoise chrysanthemum with green leaves look fantastic on the women’s skin. This tattoo possesses so saturated colors that the brilliance of flowers captures the spirit.
- The chrysanthemum flowers are rich in colors, forms and shapes, and this tattoo illustrates a ravishing bud with yellow inner petals and crimson with a purple shade of outer petals. This pain looks attractive, extraordinarily and quite stylish.
- The flower with falling petals usually indicates sadness and sorrow, because the blossom can not remain as beautiful anymore and so that the person can not be happy while losing somebody or something in life. The melancholy inscription is added to this tattoo of chrysanthemum floret: “To live is an awfully big adventure. What if I fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fall?”
- The way of performance of this tattoo creates an impression that the woman’s half sleeve is strewn with the pink blossoms of chrysanthemum: the biggest bud is depicted on the shoulder and the other flowers form a solid floral pattern, which possesses a great originality.
- This tattoo introduces a very exciting pattern of chrysanthemum floret, where a skull is inked as a continuation of green bud. The leaves are brown instead of common green, which frightens the mystical picture. People are accustomed to perceiving the image of the skull as a danger, fear or death, however, it can be a sign of new life.
- The lovers of tattoos and flowers will not be able to resist such a diverse composition of florets. It comprises purple chrysanthemums, yellow zinnia, turquoise bindweeds and others. Each of the blossoms has its own form and dye; they are located on the upper arm in chaotic order.
- This captivating chrysanthemum floret is performed on the sleeve. It is done by means of intensely crimson hue and different shades of purple, which brings unusual paint to this bud. It petals are shown in varied size and forms that with an accuracy repeats the structure of the real flower.
- This engrossing pattern of the owl and two spectacular florets are applied in dark tint on the half sleeve. The people’s attitude to this bird differs in various nations and cultures, but most often it indicates foresight and wisdom. The owl surrounded by chrysanthemums looks mystical and intriguing.
- The composition of two glorious chrysanthemum blossoms covers the upper sleeve. The tattoo is executed in the color contrast: the first flower is yellow while the second one is red. These chrysanthemum buds are painted in the dark background that highlights their contour and vivid dyes.
- The tattoo embraces a clock, which is an attribute of eternity that has its limit. One more significant components of this pattern are yellow chrysanthemum petals that surround the clock and regarded to be a symbol of longevity. This tattoo means that the life fleeting and it is needful to value every minute.
- The snake is a contradictory sign: it may denote life and death at the same time; moreover, this is a hostess of vitality and the goddess of darkness. The snake encircles a hand and is depicted in the union with a chrysanthemum floret. This tattoo on the half sleeve should choose strong and brave people with leadership qualities.
- The chrysanthemum is very feminine and refined flower but also it goes well with other blossoms creating an amazing floral bouquet. Thus, this tattoo illustrates entrancing red chrysanthemums together with pink peonies that perfectly decorate the woman’s upper sleeve.
- The nailing red chrysanthemum floret is placed on the upper arm. It presents an open bud with huge long petals, subtle purple center and fascinating green patterns resembling leaves. The flower looks rather impressive because of its enormous size and color depth.
- Despite the fact that this tattoo is done almost in a dark hue, it has very bright and an exclusive view. It includes a lovely yellow chrysanthemum bud on the chest and two nice birds on the upper sleeve. A pair of birds always signifies love, devotion and loyalty.
- The tattooist has inked a wonderful picture on the upper arm, which consists of a magnificent red chrysanthemum bud and a strong wolf. This clever and swift beast is a favorite and respected figure of many tattoos and it does not fit slow, weak and irresolute person.
- The beauty and tint of this extravagant chrysanthemum are unexpected. Some of the purple petals cover the half sleeve but the bud of the flower is closed, which may connote that the person has not realized himself and like a bud contains great potential inside.
- The appealing piece of nature is performed on the upper arm: a lotus, a chrysanthemum bud and a tree create a floral image. This tattoo symbolizes natural dynamic growth and development, the link between a human and nature.
- Very unusual presentation of chrysanthemum floret is executed on the half sleeve. It is shown with a big number of petals mixed with green leaves. The dark background of unusual design is chosen not by chance, it emphasizes the flower and gives it finesse.
- This splendid tattoo on the half sleeve consists of two parts: the owl and a chrysanthemum bud. Both components are inked in a black hue that looks enigmatic. This bird identifies intelligence, prudence and knowledge, and will be a good choice for calm, adult and wise person.
- In this case, the image of an incredible and cute chrysanthemum floret is done in the form of the skull, which always has evil and negative meaning. The light pink color of and terrifying symbol of death strongly contrasted with one another that brings uniqueness and terrify at the same time.
- In Japan, chrysanthemum is considered to be the imperial flower that is not surprising, as it possesses astonishing beauty and nobility. This tattoo of marvelous yellow and pink chrysanthemum on the half sleeve will decorate the body of any woman.
- The drawing of the tattoo can not only be nice but also bear an awesome component, as this scary villain in traditional Japanese headgear, which is applied on the upper sleeve. This central figure is surrounded by a number of wonderful blue and purple chrysanthemum blossoms that mitigate the overall pattern and make it less aggressive.
- This image of two chrysanthemum florets is inked on the half sleeve in quite a strange color scale: the buds are red while their stems and leaves have an unpleasant black tint, as a reminder that beauty is not constant, it can also fade like a beauteous blossom.
- The image of waves is very popular in Asian tattoos, and the charming red chrysanthemum buds personify land, thus two great elements of water and earth are depicted on the upper arm. This pattern may symbolize the baby birth because water is a force of changes and the emergence of a new life.
- This spectacular chrysanthemum blossom finds its place on the woman’s sleeve. It illustrates a terrific maroon bud with a yellow center and plenty of huge green leaves. There is an image of butterfly below, which is often placed with flowers and indicates lightness, simplicity and loftiness.
- The flower is regarded to a feminine image, in its turn skull specifies the masculinity and traditional male qualities. This tattoo of large chrysanthemum bud and the yellow skull will look splendidly on man’s body and emphasizes strength and confidence of its owner.
- This bright and effective chrysanthemum blossom is executed on the half sleeve. The maroon bud with a yellow center is inked with black patterns and has very rigorous and accurate performance. It helps its owner to be invulnerable and full of energy.
- The chrysanthemum of unbelievable coloring is portrayed on the upper arm. Its petals contain turquoise and purple shades. This floret is considered to be imperial, so its majesty and stylishness will decorate any figure.
Japanese Chrysanthemum Tattoos
The distinctive peculiarities of Japanese tattoos are the enormous size, colorful landscapes and elegance of line. Each element of the overall composition has a definite message and characterizes its owner. One of the far-famed components of Japanese tattoos is chrysanthemum. These sacramental florets symbolize the largesse and grandeur of human. Occasionally, they may hint at the determination and persistence. Chrysanthemum is a symbol of the sun, its ornament is an indicator of glory courage and valor.
- This tattoo represents the traditional Japanese symbols: a wonderful red chrysanthemum and a big dragon with an interesting turquoise coloring, which signifies magic, loyalty, and the ability to go beyond the ordinary. The pattern is placed on the half sleeve and looks great on the strong men’s body.
- The dragon is a well-known figure in many tales and myths, the Japanese culture is no exception. This enormous green creature together with admired blue and red chrysanthemum buds makes an awesome ensemble of colors and images on the back.
- The composition of beauteous chrysanthemum blossoms and a snake is presented on the sleeve. This tattoo is a perfect variant for women, as a snake indicates female origin and fertility, whilst these florets emphasize the beauty and refinement of the human body.
- The location and a size of this incredible chrysanthemum bud are rather surprising. It is inked on the scalp, namely, on the right hemisphere of the head. The huge floret is painted with a red hue and green leaves. This experiment is for the brave and a little crazy people.
- The image of a blue tiger and a fascinating yellow chrysanthemum is depicted on the leg and specifies such qualities as an activity, strength and leadership. The image embodies masculinity and the open mouth says about the power of this beast.
- The adorable tattoo of two chrysanthemums is performed on the half sleeve in such way that the red floret is done on the chest and the yellow one on the shoulder. These blossoms are placed in the black background of the wondrous patterns.
- The unusual pattern of chrysanthemum bud with green leaves is done in Japanese style on the hand. The petals are painted in two dyes: the outer side is red while the inside is yellow; this contrast makes the ornament very bright and memorable.
- This colorful tattoo presents a strong yellow tiger with a stunner red chrysanthemum on the blue scene that resembles the sea waves. The person, who decides to choose the tiger as the main figure, shows its free character and challenging temper.
- The Great Wave of Japanese artist Hokusai is executed on the half sleeve. This tattoo includes also splendid blossoms, among which are famous chrysanthemums, roses and peonies. The whole pattern is a picturesque work with the colorful landscape.
- This glorious chrysanthemum floret is located on the girl’s shoulder blade. It possesses blue and red petals and green leaves, which looks womanly and gently. There is an inscription “Kiku” below, which is translated as “Chrysanthemum” and denotes the national symbol of Japan.
- This image of chrysanthemum has unique and catchy patterns that consist of a number of varied lines and tiny colorless leaves and blossoms. The bud is placed on the sleeve; its petals are purple and yellow turning into an orange and such combination of tints has a stylish and cool view!
- This chrysanthemum blossom takes quite an unusual place on the human body, it is inked on the outer part of the hand, more precisely, it is a continuation of the tattoo that covers the whole sleeve. The bud is open and it is painted in blue and yellow colors on the green leaves.
- This amazing tattoo on the half sleeve consists of two important and famous Japan symbols: a yellow chrysanthemum and big carp in the water that are honored very much in the country. The fish is perceived as a male sign and if it is blue, the image symbolizes boy or son.
- The large chrysanthemum bouquet and many various leaves are located on the back. The pattern personifies a family, where the two open buds are parents, and the smallest one is their child. The tattoo is done in Japanese design in black coloring.
- In Asian countries, the carp is regarded to be the king of all fish living in water depths around the world. Thus, the image of this respected red fish is perfectly combined with sacred blue and purple chrysanthemums on this tattoo. It is inked in very bright hues on the upper arm.
- This tattoo represents a huge chrysanthemum floret with some green leaves on the rib cage. The bud is rich in colors: the outer petals have saturated maroon dye that is opposed to the turquoise color of the inside blossom. This ornament can advantageously emphasize the beautiful body.
- The nice combination of two white and purple chrysanthemum blossoms is inked on the thigh. The biggest bud embodies mother while the second flower – the kid, so this pattern denote the family ties and maternal love and care.
- The enchanting Japanese tattoo is placed on the sleeve. The ornament begins on the chest and illustrates a massive picture, the key elements of which are chrysanthemum flowers: yellow, red, white and the skull that signifies boldness and valor.
- The symbols of phoenix and chrysanthemum have a lot in common: they are associated with the sun, both indicate longevity, thus, their union not only looks adorable on the back but also bring the ability to live, strengthening the spirit and faith. The tattooist uses the entire spectrum of colors to convey all magical images.
- Four chrysanthemum florets of unforgettable beauty are executed on the hip. Each of them is remarkable and colorific: blue, pink, purple and red paints looks spectacular and graceful. The blossoms are inked in the dark background in the form of sea waves.
- The ravishing union of two traditional Japanese symbols: carp and chrysanthemum are performed on the half back. This tattoo shows a fabulous variety of colors and shades: blue, purple, red, orange etc. and these images specify a thirst for life, an incredible will power, the struggle and the ability to survive in any situation.
- The image of a skull is usually connected with negative emotions: evil, death, however, it can serve other meanings, such as wisdom and the beginning of new life, especially if it used together with a lovely and astounding chrysanthemum. This tattoo is placed on the hip and it is decorated with pretty dark patterns.
- This staggering image of the purple chrysanthemum on the thigh is the perfect pattern for women, for whom the children and the family are in the first place. There are two Japanese hieroglyphs near the floret: the sign on the bottom indicates mother and the hieroglyph on the top – son.
- This Japanese tattoo on the inner arm is not enormous but very impressive. The image of yellow chrysanthemum flower in the black back background suits both men and women. This bewitching ornament signifies immortality, education and dignity.
- The tattoo master managed to portray this chrysanthemum as a living flower: the shades of yellow coloring and lines of blossom look like it is a real floret on the upper arm. The scene is blue with some splash of turquoise dye that brings the airiness and lightness to the picture.
- The women’s neck can be decorated not only by means of the necklace but also with the help of so engrossing tattoo. The pattern represents a maroon chrysanthemum with a turquoise center and rifle-green leaves. The young and active girls should definitely choose this picture.
- This fantastical purple chrysanthemum bud on the abdomen possesses the huge size and vivid paint. Its green leaves cover the rib cage and it seems like the floret is tilted by the wind. This tattoo may indicate noble simplicity and kingship.
- It is a well-known fact that the red – is the color of passion and power, so, this tattoo of a superb chrysanthemum will be suitable for confident and energetic people. Its petals also contain black tint, which means happiness in Japan. The pattern is placed on the upper arm and embraces all the greatness of this flower.
- The red chrysanthemum on the small of the back successfully emphasizes all the charm of the owner. This open bud with green leaves is big in size but its location is so convenient that, if necessary, it can be hidden under the clothes. The tattoo with this floret brings peace, perfection and abundance.
- This tattoo on thigh presents a thought-provoking image of a creature that consists of two parts: the first one is a devil, which symbolizes evil, whilst the second side is a brilliant purple chrysanthemum that denotes good. The tattoo shows the unpredictable nature of the owner.